We can make you one promise – your two weeks with us will fly by because this is an intensive study programme, designed to give you a taste of what it takes to become a journalist.
In your two weeks you will cover the following:
* Newsgathering and news writing
* Feature and magazine writing
* Video journalism skills
* Journalism ethics and responsible reporting
* The basics of media law
* Interviewing techniques
* Reviewing and comment
* An introduction to Teeline shorthand
* Getting into freelance writing
You will also get the option to choose one of the following mini-modules:
* Sports journalism
* Political journalism
* Arts and culture journalism
You will also get a chance to produce stories for our partners SWLondoner and Mancunian Matters. Sessions are conducted by our award-winning training team and there will be talks from industry guest speakers.