News Associates is committed to conducting our business in accordance with this policy, in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
What personal information do we collect and why?
We may collect personal information from you (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) when you complete registration or enquiry forms or send emails to us, so we may provide you with the relevant information you have requested. Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
What information do we hold?
The information we hold on you and how we use it will vary depending on the nature of your relationship with us.
We will collect, process and store personal information about you. This personal information will include:
- the information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or at careers fairs, including information provided at the time of registering to use our site, filling in our mailing list and workshop or course application forms (including name, address and contact details);
- if you contact us, records of that correspondence; and
- information about the frequency of visits to our websites, the pages you have visited and the length of time spent on our websites.
All of the information described above comes directly from you.
Use of your personal information for marketing purposes
We will not share your personal information with any other companies. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you can unsubscribe your information using the unsubscribe process described in the promotional material.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We will not disclose personal information to any reputable third parties, unless:
- we need to do so in order to provide you with the products or services you have selected
- access is granted to our group’s service providers for the provision of specific business operations (such as IT service providers and mailing houses), but only if we have a written agreement in place with such providers protecting your information
- we are obliged by law or regulation to disclose it (for example, if required by a court order);
- we sell or buy or otherwise reorganise any of our businesses or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the reorganised entity or a prospective seller or buyer of any such business or assets;
- in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of News Associates, its customers, employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- the information is only in the form of aggregate statistics about visitors to our websites or newsletters, in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other third parties and for other lawful purposes, and which contain no personally identifiable information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or in secure filing systems.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Addresses and Cookies
How long will we keep your information?
We retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential)l disputes; and
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once it is no longer needed.
You have the following rights regarding your information:
1 Right to be informed
2 Right of access
3 Right to rectification
You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4 Right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it.
5 Right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
6 Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such information transferred directly to a third party.
7 Right to withdraw consent
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful).
How to contact us
If you have any queries with regard to our data processing practices, or you wish to request a copy of any of the personal details we hold about you, methods to contact us are below
Any request for a copy of information may be subject to a fee (currently £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we may hold about you. Please note that applicants will also be required to provide satisfactory proof of identity.
Address: News Associates, 247 The Broadway, Wimbledon, London, SW19 1SD.
Phone number: 0203 026 3781